Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Do you like the idea of traffic light cameras to catch speeding motorists or ...>>>?

drivers who run thru red lights ?Do you like the idea of traffic light cameras to catch speeding motorists or ...%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;?
NO!!!



And let me tell you why.



There has been research done on accidents at intersections, and here is what was found:



The surest way to reduce accidents is to increase the time lenght of yellow lights, as well as the lag time between the red light coming on for one direction and the green light coming on for the cross direction. By adding 1 or 2 seconds, they could easily reduce the number of accidents.



Now, here is a little fact about the traffic cameras you may not know:



When camreas have been installed at intersections, municipalities in those areas have actually REDUCED the length of yellow lights, thus increasing the number of drivers who get pics snapped as they run a now more rapidly triggering red.



These lights are billed as safety devices and if used in conjunction with a longer yellow lights, I would support them whole heartedly. However, they are actually being used as revenue streams and that is not what they were designed for.
i don't like traffic light cameras !!!!!!!hate them all!!!!!!!!!Do you like the idea of traffic light cameras to catch speeding motorists or ...%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;?
ASOLUTELY
Hell no, I live in fear of them. Some towns have them more than others, especially rich towns bc they know the people can afford the $390 ticket not to mention the huge hit to their insurance for the next 3 years. I talked my way out of one in court once. People go to www.ticketassassin.com for help.Do you like the idea of traffic light cameras to catch speeding motorists or ...%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;?
Yes I like them because I ride a motorcycle and I don't won't some jerk run a red like and hit me.
Yes. How would you feel if somebody run a red light and this person hit you and then leave the scene of the accident? I work for one of the largest insurance companies in the word and trust me, we get a lot of these type of accident. Sometimes, people die from it. Put yourself in the victim's position.
I don't care one way or another.
they are all been done today almost in all modern cities of the world.
Not at all, it's like they are suppose to serve and protect but yet they try to get on us innocents more and more just so they can eat donuts in freedom.
thumbs up!
Its a good thing Fiji doesnt have the "speedy camera" thing
I do like this idea and encourage ALL to accept it !

Don't you like to save your selves from danger of some "crazy"drivers who doesn't care about you ?!!!!
I think a lot of it is just revenue raising for governments... and they dont seem to put it back into the roads, it also has not taken away from the amount of highway patrol when there are very few walking the beat.......... my opinon only...



..
I don't like being on camera without my knowledge period. it is an invasion of my privacy, it sucks and pretty soon . they are going to replace police with cameras in the sky on the interstates, on the street lights. it is going to be bad before long. computers and cameras and microphones and sattellites are going to make our lives miserable. before to much longer.

www===beastnet.
Yes I do like that idea a lot......I have no problem with them being there
I like it because they can also catch other things going on, car jacking, robberies, etc...
not really, lol
Well working in the court system I see the criminal justice side of them. We have had a lot of accidents where the prosecutors have subpoenaed the video and found that the supposed guilty party is acutally quite innocent and the person claiming that they are innocent is actually at fault. We have only had a couple of tickets written because of red light runners caught on video in the last few years. I don't see a down side to these cameras at all. In fact I think a few more in random areas, not necessarily for traffic, would be a great idea. Could possibly deter criminals from doing what they do and/or be used in court. I am sure I will receive some thumbsdowns on this but oh well... 15 years ago I would of been against them too, I used to be a bad kid...
  • mini countryman
  • haynes repair manual
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment