Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Traffic Light Cameras?

I have just been driving and approached a junction which has a yellow box like a speed camera which flashed me when I went through the junction. The light was on amber when I went past the stop line and changed as I was still on par with the lights. I am wondering why I was flashed as I did not run a red light.



Has anyone ever been flashed by theses cameras and know what happens next?Traffic Light Cameras?
The red light camera only flashes if a vehicle goes over the induction loop (after the stop line) when the light is on red. It will NOT trigger on amber so the light must have been red when you went through them.
If you didn't run a red light its likely that it was just a flash from somewhere else. I think we've all thought we've been flashed and it turns out it was just another car or something.

The police would have to check the evidence anyway before they sent out a NIP and if you didn't run a red light they won't be sending you a fine.Traffic Light Cameras?
the yellow box is a speed camera looks like you be getting a speeding fine in the post but don't worry if its your first one you should get a choice of either pay the fine and get points on your licence or pay i think it is around 拢60 for a 1 day driving safety awareness course and you get no points. the cameras on traffic lights are not cameras the just sensors to access traffic flow at busy times
Many 'red light' cameras have been updated to also work as 'Speed on green' - if you go through a green light over the speed limit, then can catch you for that as well...



Some example info in the links.Traffic Light Cameras?
Fixed penalty fine perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment